Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A quick review on concealers

Concealers have been a primary staple in my daily makeup routine until I discovered mineral makeup. I used to apply them to hide my acne scars and skin discoloration. I no longer use them now, but I still wanna share this information to you, in case you wanted to try any of them.


L'Oreal True Match Concealer
(my rating: 6 out of 10)

L'Oreal's been one of my fave brands and some of their products even became my holy grail. I bought this concealer in the shade of "deep". It does conceal my dark scars but it doesn't last. I'd still have to reapply several times a day to hide my imperfection. I completely avoided touching my face to prevent this from fading off. But it really does disappear by itself.

Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer
(my rating: 4 out of 10)

I decided to try this because I've been seeing a lot of youtube gurus using this, some even claims it's their HG. I bought the entire set of Maybelline Mineral Power and this was included. I love the shade, it matches my olive skin tone, but the concealing power isnt there. I. Don't. Know. I mean, I don't understand why many people love it. It just doesnt work for me. The coverage is like a tinted moisturizer. I'm not exaggerating here. 

ELF Tone Correcting Concealer
(my rating: 2 out of 10)

Sorry, I know some of you are huge fans of ELF. I've tried a lot of ther products and some of them are great! This concealer is ugh, sorry to say, NOT a concealer. It's more like an fruity-scented beige tinted lip gloss. Worse than Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer. If this works for you, good! If you wanna give it a try, grab the tester first. 


Maybelline Cover Stick
(rating: 6 out of 10)

I like how it conceals my dark circles, but not my dark spots, it highlights them more. The shade isn't morena-friendly...it's gonna make your concealed spots 'Caladryl-ed', hehe, y'know what I mean? But don't hesitate to try it under your eyes, it's meant to be there.



Hanskin Magic BB Concealer
(my rating: 9 out of 10)

This one's almost perfect. If only they have a shade that matches mine. I apply this under my eyes. It's very pigmented, a tiny amount can cover all you wanted to hide. It has a matte finish and sets easily, and it long lasting. It doesnt melt, even on humid days. I LOVE IT. It's kinda pricey though, but I would love to have this again.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
(my rating: 8 out of 10)

Hehe, I guess you could say that I never learned my lesson. I keep on buying and trying Maybelline stuff. But hey, I love their eye products! This concealer is one of their best, so far. It's long lasting and it really does its job. One thing I hate: It's too harsh to use under my eyes, even the tiniest amount could send me to tears all day. :(

Becca Dual Coverage Compact Concealer
(my rating: 9 out of 10)

My hooooly grail! Becca is one of my fave high end brands. This concealer is everything a concealer should be. If you love Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage, you'll love this too! It's creamy and it sets quickly, doesnt fade nor disappear, it lasts all day. I rated it 9 because its pricey.

Benefit You're Bluffing!
(my rating: 3 out of 10)

 I like the yellow-ness of this stick but it does nothing, really! It's supposed to hide skin redness but it's too sheer to the job. 


Naturactor Cover Face 
(my rating: 8 out of 10)

Japan's  Time Balm. I love it, but it's hard to find. I bought shade 152, but I find it too dark and I cant do anything with it because its highly pigmented and I have no other shades to mix it with. prolly next time I'll buy 151. I sold it to a friend and she loves it! I used it once and it really does cover like second skin. It's worth the price and this tiny jar can last for ages.


Revlon Age Defying Concealer
 (my rating: 9 out of 10)

Never a fan of Revlon products but this one is beeeaauuuutifuuuul! La-la-love it! It's the perfect match on my skin and it covers perfectly. Coverage lasts for half a day in the office, which is pretty acceptable because air conditioner fades out your makeup pretty faster than you are under sunlight. The price is reasonable and this tube can last up to 3 months (i used it daily). This is the last concealer I've used since I already stopped because my mineral makeup pretty much conceals everything already. This one is worth buying.

No comments: