Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Finally Obagi!

After more than a decade of trying to combat acne and acne scars, I've finally decided to join the Obagi bandwagon. I was very hesitant at first because I am very sensitive to any peeling products. In fact, I did burn my skin a lot of times with glycolic and hydroquinone. However, before I jump into this Obagi thing, I did an extensive research and found out that yes, it's going to be a rough journey but the failure rate is very low. I have very dull skin with acne scars on my cheeks and chin. A few months ago, I've used glycolic creams and this very much raved about Skinmate Shark Oil (which does nothing but burn my skin). So, without further blah-blah's lemme show you what I've got:


I was advised to use 1% Tretinoin but I was like, NO WAY! I know my skin won't tolerate such aggressive approach, so I bought .5% to start with, and will gradually increase the dosage later on. 


No, this is not going to be just a product review. I will keep you posted on any updates, observation, and of course, rants during this journey. I will also not recommend any sellers on this site since most of these products are RX and I suggest you consult your dermatologist before investing on these.

Here's my routine:

AM
Foaming gel
Toner
C serum
clear
Spf 30 (only when I need to go out)

PM
Foaming gel
Toner
Clear
Blender + tret

If you would notice, I do not use any moisturizers because it will just slow down the peeling process. I apply sunblock 30 mins before going out to make sure it's fully absorbed by the skin. The sunblock I'm using stings like hell. Blender doesnt do that to me! Ugh. I also apply lipbalm on my lips before I start the regimen to avoid getting the product into it. 

I am on my day 5 and I am patrick starfish. Skin feels tight. Peeling on my chin and corners of my mouth. Cheeks are slightly wrinkled. I haven't seen my pores this big in my entire life. The barely visible spots are now for everyone to notice. I am now getting weird stares from my neighbors. 

I don't have the guts yet to post my baseline picture. Thanks for not asking. 😊

They say that this process takes 18 weeks before you get satisfactory results. Oh well, I still got 17 to go.


See ya later!




No comments: